The Journalists’ Charity is also known as the Newspaper Press Fund and is registered as a charity in England and Wales under the Charity no: 208215 and in Scotland under SC042405
Our registered office is Dickens House, Wathen Road, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 12JY.
Terms and Conditions
Please read through the Terms and Conditions. If you choose to use this website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree, please do not use this website.
This website journalistscharity.org.uk is owned and managed by the Journalists’ Charity.
For the purpose of these T&C,” us”, “we” and “our” refer to the Journalists’ Charity. The Journalists’ Charity is also known as the Newspaper Press Fund.
Your use of this website constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions please contact us.
This website is intended to provide information about the Journalists’ Charity, its aims, objectives and mission. You must not use this website for purposes that are fraudulent or illegal, or for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm others, or to transmit or procure the sending of spam.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information on our website is correct and up to date. However we cannot guarantee that it is 100% free of errors or inaccuracies. In particular, where we provide links to other websites, we cannot take any responsibilities for inaccuracies, errors or omissions occurring in those websites. Please be aware that any decision made by users of our website on the basis of information supplied there, is the responsibility of the user. We do not accept liability (as far as is permitted by law) for any loss arising from the reliance on, or the use of information on links included in this website. Users of this website must not knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, or any other harmful programs which could harm or disable software or hardware.
The Journalists’ Charity is not responsible for ensuring the availability of this website or the timeliness or other wise of any content or information being made available for use. The Journalists’ Charity reserves the right to amend or replace any of the content of this website at any time without prior notice.
Except as specifically set out in these T&C, to the fullest extent permissible by law, neither The Journalists’ Charity nor any of its affiliates, Directors, Staff, Trustees or other representatives will be liable (whether under contract or statute) for any of the following losses or damage, whether such loss or damage was foreseeable or not:
- losses suffered by third parties,
- loss of profit,
- loss of data,
- loss of revenue,
- loss of goodwill,
- loss of business opportunity or
- Any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the website, any website linked to it or any material contained in the website. For the avoidance of doubt, the losses listed immediately above are intended to be severable.
Nothing in these T&C shall exclude or limit The Journalists’ Charity’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website. Access to the website is permitted on a temporary basis. We reserve the right to terminate your access to the website or any part of it, or to withdraw any of our services at any time without notice, for any reason (including without limitation any breach of these T&C). Occasionally, we may restrict access to some parts of our website, to our entire website and / or to users who have registered with us.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
You are responsible for any loss or damage we suffer (including our reasonable legal fees) that are caused by your breach of these T&C or by you using the website (other than in accordance with these T&C / other than as you are allowed to).
These T&C are subject to English law. All claims or disputes arising out of, or in connection with the use of the website shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales i.e. we reserve the right to bring proceedings in the courts of the country of your residence.
Trademarks & Copyright
Trademarks, copyright and all other intellectual property rights on this website are either owned or licensed to the Journalists’ Charity, unless otherwise stated. Compliance with copyright is the responsibility of the user.
The use of our logo or brand name without our prior consent is not allowed. Should you wish to copy or distribute any of our material for commercial or business purposes please contact the Journalists’ Charity in writing at: email@example.com
Links to other websites
Any links to our website must comply with the following rules:
- The link must consist of the following text only: the Journalists’ Charity and the URL in respect of which the Journalists’ Charity’s permission has been given.
- The link must not insinuate that your organisation or any of its products or services is recommended by, or associated in any way with the Journalists’ Charity.
- Selection of the link by a user must display our website as a full screen and not within a frame on the website on which the link appears.
- You will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the use and existence of the link does not cause the transmission of viruses.
- We reserve the right to request the removal of any link to our website at any time, whether or not previous consent to such links has been given.
If you have any queries about our Terms and Conditions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Journalists’ Charity does not warrant that the functions contained in the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the content.
- No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure; therefore any information sent by e-mail or submitted through the Website is at your own risk.
- The Website is provided “as is” without any representations or any form of warranty (whether made expressly or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- You agree to use the Website for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, nor restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of, the Website.
- All Content on the Website is the copyright of the Journalists’ Charity or third parties.
- You may view the Content on screen. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the Content in any way except for non- commercial personal or educational use.
- You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the Content except for non-commercial personal or educational use. Any other use of the Content requires the prior written permission of the Journalists’ Charity.
- The status of the Journalists’ Charity (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of any Content must always be acknowledged.
- If you copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the Content in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Website content and user-added content
If you have a complaint about any content on any of our websites please notify us immediately by emailing us at email@example.com setting out:
- Your name, company or organisation name if relevant, contact details (a land address, telephone number and email);
- Details of the exact content complained of and details of why you are complaining about that content; and
- Confirmation from you that the information you have provided is accurate, complete and not misleading.
You must not post or transmit to this website any material that is knowingly false or misleading, defamatory, illegal, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, liable to incite racial hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory, pornographic, sexually oriented, threatening or invasive of a person’s privacy. You must not post or transmit content to this website which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data) You must not impersonate any person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting, your affiliation with anyone or any entity.
Free Standard Membership for 12 months from today’s date.
Confirmation of your membership will be sent to the email address provided above.
Full terms and conditions of membership can be found here https://www.tortoisemedia.com/terms-conditions/